What We Believe
As churches we are part of the Presbyterian Church of Wales – as such we have a long and wonderful history of Evangelical and Reformed doctrine and practice in our churches.
Short Confession of Faith:
- We believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator and Ruler of all things.
- We believe in Jesus Christ. His only-begotten Son, our Lord and Saviour. Through His Life, His death on the Cross, and His Resurrection, He overcame sin and death, forgiving our sins and reconciling us to God.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit. Through Him Christ dwells in those who believe, sanctifying them in the truth.
- We believe in the Church, the Body of Christ and the fellowship of the saints, in the Holy Scriptures and in the Ministry of the Word and the Sacraments.
- We believe in the coming of the Kingdom of God and in the blessed hope of the eternal through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy Him for ever.
(Our short confession of faith is a summary of the Declaratory Articles of the PCW and reflects the core beliefs of our denomination and the Reformed Christian faith.)